In each of our programs, we seek to play, learn, and grow, and to build relationships to the land, each other, and ourselves. All of our programs are child-led, play-based, and use an inquiry- or interest-based emergent curriculum (we dig deeper when and where there is interest with no pre-determined “plan”).
Play, learn & grow with us. Here are some of the many things we like to do:
- interact with natural elements & loose parts
- learn about the local flora & fauna we interact with
- watch for & listen to the creatures around us
- chase questions, nurture wonder
- tell stories, sing, dance, play
- craft with natural materials
- use nature to inspire our playing & creating
- build structures
- create imaginary worlds
- learn safety & age-appropriate risk-taking
- practise conflict resolution skills
Kingston Forest & Nature School currently offers pre-registered programming for children 2-10 years old, and drop-in programming for children of a wider age range. All pre-registered programming will adhere to an 8:1 participant to staff ratio – these small group sizes allow for a deeper connection to each other. Please see below for specific program descriptions, fees, and upcoming session dates.
|Seedlings – Full-day drop-off program for school-age children. Learn more!||Acorns & Oaks – Parent/caregiver-assisted half-day program for younger children. Learn more!|
|Drop-Ins – Parent/caregiver-assisted half-day program ideally suited for children 18 months to 12 years. Learn more!||Upcoming Events – Open houses, fundraisers, drop-ins & more! Check out our calendar here!|
*KFNS programming is “rain or shine”, however we reserve the right to cancel programming in extreme or unsafe weather conditions.
*KFNS does not run programming on holidays or during the two-week school break between December and January.